Research position in terrestrial eDNA at Aarhus University
• Contribute to ongoing research projects in eDNA for environmental monitoring with environmental genetics and bioinformatics and the establishment of this research area within the department.
• Further develop and consolidate the research area of environmental DNA of microbial eukaryotes in terrestrial environments within the department.
• Contribute to science-based policy advisory activities in the area of eDNA for environmental monitoring of terrestrial, aquatic and other relevant environments. This is foreseen to be in collaboration with Department of Bioscience as well as other departments at the faculty of Science and Technology within the ST center of eDNA for environmental monitoring (http://projects.au.dk/edna/) in order to unfold the major potential for integrating eDNA in environmental monitoring.
• Actively contribute to attraction of external funding together with senior staff and also as PI.
• The main responsibilities are research (including publication/academic dissemination duties) and science-based policy advisory activities.