STSMs opened for application
Short-term Scientific Missions (STSMs)
We do have the pleasure to announce five Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) under KEYSOM Cost Action. We ask the MC members and Working Group leaders to circulate the announcement among their representatives and co-workers. We thank you for your cooperation.
Candidates areinvited to submit their complete applications until 31 March 2018. Any application received after this period will be disregarded as the current Grant Period ends on April 30th. The number of STSM is based on the available budget allocated to the second Grant Period (GP).
The evaluation panel is comprised of the Core Group Committee of the Action. The evaluation criteria, approved by the MC, are the following:
- The applicant (She / He) is an early career investigator (ECI), meaning PhD student or finished PhD no more than 8 years ago;
- guarantee inclusiveness of host and/or applicants;
- CV of the applicant;
- gender balance is to be promoted.
All applications should complete a MoU task within the scope of the Action. For this call, STSMs must start no later than 20th April 2018 and finish 30th April 2018 at latest (minimum duration of STSM is 5 working days).
STSM applicants must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or post-doctoral fellow or can be employed by, or affiliated to, an Institution or legal entity which has within its remit a clear association with performing research. The institutions / organisations where applicants pursue their main strand of research are considered as Home institutions. The Host institution refers to the institution that will host the successful applicant.
Information about STSM’s objectives and rules are stated in Chapter 7 of the COST Vademecum. In addition, for further information, it is recommended to visit the COST website: http://www.cost.eu/participate/networking.
The whole process of STSM is summarized as follows:
1. The Applicant contacts the Host institution;
2. The Host Institution informs the applicant by e-mail whether is willing to accept him/her or not;
3. The Applicant fills and download the form on-line at https://e-services.cost.eu/w3/index.php?id=91;
4. The Applicant sends all the above mentioned documents to the STSM coordinator (on-line form + annexes);
- Letter of Support from the Home Institution
- Host Acceptance Letter (Written Agreement of the Host institution) (STSM_HostAcceptanceLetter_template)
- Detailed Work Plan
- Applicant CV (1 page + publication list at least 5 years back. If the applicant has no publications, the CV of the supervisor as well as a letter of support must also be attached).
- Motivation Letter
To apply for a STSM you should follow the first 4 steps described above. A complete application is composed of the on-line form plus the annexes.
The application must be submitted as one single pdf file attached to an email to the STSM Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the STSM Host institution.
Thank you very much,
Juan J. Jiménez, Juliane Filser, M.J.I. Briones
Chair, Vice Chair and STSM Coordinator of ES1406 COST Action